Friday, January 08, 2016

Hello From Australia

 SQUEAL!!!

I am soooooo stoked to be here as a new design team member for VLVS
My little heart beat so fast when I received the email! I simply LOOOOOVE these stamps and I can't wait to show you what I have created with them!

These are my application pieces with a little explanation of how they came about.

"Please Notice This"


First up is a little journal page I created. I love to "experiment" in my journal. This time around I was playing with some of the 7 Dots Studio papers incorporating their earthy colours into a small page spread.

These little guys fit just perfectly! I created the background using Gelatos and then highlighted it with my black Stabilo Aquarellable (my absolute favourite item in my studio).

Stamps I used included: 

"Journey"


So you'll hear me say time and time again that I am not a card maker! I get by but I have nothing on these girls here in this team. I'm hoping to learn so much from them about this truly amazing skill. However I have the attitude that while I have hands I can stamp! So I will continue to practice.


This little card is about my card making journey. I have used gloss white card and created the background by blending chalk inks. The Bell jar is stamped separately and fussy cut out along with the Whimsical Feather in the foreground. I used the bottom half of the Whimsical Horned Boy stamp to add the numbers.

 Stamps I used include:

"King of the Tree"


My last piece I want to share with you is this little wire tree ornament that I made to hang on my Christmas tree. I formed a wire frame and then gave it a book page base to mount my stamped image on to.

I only added a little bit of rust colour to grunge it up and some Um WOW chipboard pieces. I absolutely love creating with wire. I love the unpredictable element it gives to my work. You'll see a lot of this from me.

Stamps I used included:

So that's me! Well that's my art .......As for me, I am 43 and a 3/4 years old, I'm a teacher of 4 year olds at a Kindergarten (yes I am insane) and I have two adult children of my own. A boy, Cameron who is almost 23 and a girl Kaity, who is about to turn 21. I live in Australia with my hubby (right down the bottom on the edge but not quite in Tasmania!) in a little town called Mount Gambier. We are famous for our Blue Lake, which is a dormant volcano (see I told you I live on the edge!) No seriously it's beautiful and very safe. Or so we're told!

I began creating at a young age. My Grandma was an artist. She mainly painted with oils and water colours and my mum was an interior designer and painter. My sister is an actress and my daughter is a 3D artist currently working with some amazing technology in the virtual reality art world, so as you can see the women of the family have all the artistic talent!

I create anything that my heart desires but my true passion is scrapbooking. You can find more of my work HERE. I am truly blown away to be here on this amazing team and I can't wait to get to know you all better.

xx Fiona




4 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Love your projects, Fiona !
Corrie x

Julie S said...

Wow! I'm so glad you submitted your work to be a DT member. These are amazing! Can't wait to see what other goodies you have in store for us. Thank you VLVS for adding Fiona to the team!

Heather McMahon said...

Woohoo! These are truly amazing projects! You will rock this gig for sure!

Maremi's Small Art said...

Amazing projects ! Inspirational and creative ♡ love them ! Well done my friend ! So much deserved! I am super happy for you xx Marta