Friday, August 12, 2016

Display purposes only

Hello everyone,

and welcome to my blog where today I have a mini canvas to share which I made for my DT post. I've also took lots of photos along the way and will tell you how I made this so sit down with a nice cuppa and enjoy !

As always I'll start with the finished project :




And here's how:


I started with a 4"x4" (10 cm x 10 cm) canvas. 


I took a stencil and some model paste and applied it to the canvas with a palet knife. 



This is how it looked, I dried it with a heat tool. 



Next I painted it with white gesso to get a base for the paint. 



These are the colours I used; I also added some white. 



This is the painted version.. but I thought it was a bit flat so....




I decided to use some glazing liquid and a darker turquoise to add som shadows... 



I used about half paint and half glazing liquid...



I painted it over the model pasted area. What happens is that because of the glazing liquid the paint stays wet for much longer. So you put it on, leave it a little while (how long depends on the temperature, the moisture in the air etc... just try and see) and then wipe off with a baby wipe.. It sort of settles on the recesses... 


It is very subtle but gives a little bit of interes. You can keep doing this until your are happy with the result... 



Next I took a Pitt pen and went along the edge of the canvas. The idea is to paint the sides black but it is not easy to get a straight-ish line with a brush. So I do this with a marker... 



Like this... 



The rest then gets painted.... 


Like so... 



Now for some background stamping, not to much as there is not much room... A list of all the stamps I used is at the bottom of this post... 



The canvas with stamping... 



No for the main image and the sentiment.. 



At this point I wasn't sure about which sentiment to use... So I stamped both..


This is how she looks coloured... 


I still thought the canvas was lacking something so I added white splatters. I just shake this paint pen at it and drops fly out... Be careful as they tend to go everywhere... 



This looked better...


I chose this sentiment which is part of a sentiment really... 



After adhering everything with gel medium and adding some shading around her I declared it finished. 

I used the following stamps:


Thank you so much for stopping by today !! 






4 comments:

Sleen said...

Beautiful! I'm having so much fun with modeling paste--love that stuff.

bluelesley said...

Love this....tempted to have a go...would be nice as a gift for one of my sisters. ❤️

by belle said...

I love this canvas Corrie!!!

Julie S said...

Wow, amazing post, Corrie. Love this!