Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Perfect hair...

Hello everyone,

and welcome to the blog where today I will try and give you some inspiration for the August Challenge.

I have made an art journal page and here it is:



I started with a piece of Mixed Media Paper on which I stamped the lady. I did wipe off most of her original hair before stamping her. I then painted the page around her with white gesso. 
Next I took some acrylic paints in the colours teal, pink and lime green and painted some new hair on her.. This was great fun...no wonder she looks so surprised...lol..  I added some white here and there too. When this had dried I took a black pen and drew around the hair. 
The sentiment says: Sure, my life isn't perfect, but my hair is. I scribbled this around her with the same pen. Next I took the same paints and added some around the page, making sure the space around her stayed mostly white so she would stand out more. 
It was then time to do some stamping and of course I used my favourite background stamps. 
(You'll find a complete list of all the stamps I used at the bottom of this post.)
I also used a polkadot stencil and again the same paints. 

Here is the inspiration photo this is based on:


The words to go with this : 

bold, bright, intuitive, strong, women, feminine, artist, artsy, splatter, script, polka dots, color blocks, numbers, alphas, teal, lime green, white, black, stencils and more.

I used the following stamps:

19659 - Numbers set
19568 - Double coffee rings
19567 - Writing circles background
19571- Writing triangles
19575 - Stitching
18566 - Lady with hands on face

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 


4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, what a fabulous piece! This is great, Jo x

Sleen said...

Wonderful!
I noticed your work in the current RubberStampMaddness--congratulations!!!

Corrie Herriman said...

Thanks, I haven't seen the magazine.... :(

Corrie x

Sleen said...

Maybe it takes longer to get to you? RSM sends a copy to "Artist" when I've been published.