Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Swim Fast

Morning, Nikki here with a couple of cards I made, featuring one of the original stamps I bought from Viva Las VegaStamps! a number of years ago.... Diver from Board


Isn't the diver great. I stamped him in memento black ink and colored him with copics and fussy cut him. I added some white gel pen highlights.

I wanted to create a splashy watery background for him, and this is how I accomplished that :

I used water color powders, sprinkling them onto my water color card stock : 
Then I spritzed it with water :
and used a straw to blow the water around. 

I love the richness and unpredictable effect you get, a perfect backdrop for my diver.

The words are typed on my typewriter. The card front is matted onto a blue card base.

I made two similar cards, although adapted one image so he's wearing a swim cap : 



Such a vast range of images in the Viva Las VegaStamps store, I really like this one, Diver from Board, 3879.








1 comment:

Plum Crazy Valerie said...

Love your card, perfect use of the watercolor medium!