Thursday, February 04, 2016

Love Banner

February, the LOVE month...and Valentines Day is right around the corner.
Michele here today sharing a mixed media banner inspired by the colors of love.


I started with some canvas banners, did some random samping with archival ink and sprayed with Distress Spray Stain in Wild Raspberry, Abandoned Coral and Fossilized Amber.  The stamps I used were:  Writing Circles Background, Writing Triangles, Coffee Ring Stain, Numbers Set, Bubble Wrap Texture and Stitching.


I covered some chipboard letters with gesso, stamped with Writing Circles Background and Coffee Ring Stain then sprayed with the Wild Raspberry spray and water.


I also stamped a couple of white flowers with Numbers Set and cut out some Writing Triangles.  Then the fun began...

Yep! The embellishing, I also had to have some Prima flowers too!!

I put the banners on a wooden dowl that I painted white and finished with some scrumptious May Arts Ribbons.

Now, how am I going to hang my LOVE banner??  Any ideas?  Let me know what you think.

Until next time, get inky!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome!

Corrie Herriman said...

Beautiful !
Corrie x