Friday, February 19, 2016

Four famous men....

Hello everyone,

For my DT post today, I have made a trio of ATC's with famous men.
I have made a little tutorial for this, so get a drink, sit back and enjoy !

As always I will start with the finished project:



And here is the step-by-step of how I made them:


I started off with 3 pieces of card stock measuring 3,5" x 2,5". 




With a bit of washi tape I connected them together so I could do the backgrounds in one go. 



I decided to use modelling paste and a brush to get some texture going.




I actually used a paintbrush for the first layer and then added another layer with a palet knife. 




Here's a close- up of the lovely texture. 




Next I got out my Lindy's Magicals. They are mica powders and I love them. Also the names of the colours crack me up..... (see top of pots)




I used the powder with water and also spattered some over the top. The light grey has other colours in it like pink and yellow and also blue... 




Look at all that lovely shimmer.....




Additionally I rubbed the texture here and there with my finger which was dabbed on the black Archival ink pad. The texture shows up even more like this.. 



Time for background stamping (There is a complete list of all the stamps I used at the bottom of this post). I tried to find stamps that I thought would go with the men... 



After I stamped it all, using grey and black Archival inks, I though it was too dark and uninteresting. So I restamped some of the stamps with VersaMark and heat embossed them with white WOW embossing powder.......much better... 
I also added some pink splatters from a Lindy's spray.



Next I stamped the famous men... I used Memento because I was going to colour with Copic Markers. 



Work in progress....



After colouring, I cut the images out and ...



adhered them to the ATC's. 


The next thing was the sentiments. I thought about this and came up with their professions. 
I typed this on an old type writer. Next I cut the words out and adhered them onto the ATC's..



And here is the end result again. I hope you like it and I have inspired you to go and create !! 

I used the following stamps:




Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 





5 comments:

VicR said...

LOVE these! FAB

TangledBlueRose said...

Love these, fabulous images and great backgrounds!~kim

by belle said...

Fantastic ATC's Corrie!!

Nikki W said...

Awesome Corrie, these are fantastic

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

LOVE!!! So cool xx