Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Dare to Dream... and Let your Heart Soar!


Hello everyone! Susan here my take on the Viva Las VegaStamps! June Challenge Inspiration Board. Luscious blues and greens... wings and words... I LOVE it!!! Challenges are a fun way to push yourself to try new things and new styles – and to be perfectly honest – this was way out of my creative box.


I started with a watercolor paper that I monoprinted with a blend of blue and green metallic Ranger Adirondack acrylics. Then I scribbled and smooshed on some blues and green Faber-Castell Gelatos to my liking. Using gel medium I fused a ghost monoprint on deli paper, which glues the layers together while giving translucency to colors below.


I wanted to have a scribbly heart so I made a dribbly heart mask by melting/drizzling Amazing Remelt onto my non-stick craft mat. I waited a few minutes for it to cool and solidify. Then I placed onto my background then sprayed with black Ditto glimmer spray.


I let the spray mostly dry before removing my handmade mask. Look at all the glorious blue and green exposed! I brushed some water at the top where the spray was still a bit wet and let the black color drip down. This was fun and a bit scary... I'm a total newb to the dripping technique.

I gave a blast with the heat gun to dry everything and added a few strokes of Gelatos to the heart. I stamp the butterfly onto a matching painted cardstock using black Versafine ink, then embossed with VLVS! ultra high gloss EP... and BAM!!! Wings that POP! I fussy cut and cut in half. To finish this mini masterpiece, I overstamp the bubble wrap texture and spell out "dare to dream" with Hero Arts Unicorn white pigment ink {this is the white of all white inks} and heat set.


I gently slide the collage into a Deflecto Acrylic Craft Frame and tucked the wings off each edge giving me a new georgeous piece free-standing art in an instant.

"Let Your Heart Soar..."


• • • • • • • • • • • • •


Other Supplies: watercolor paper, white cardstock detail scissors, black Versafine pigment Ink; Hero Arts "Hero Hues" Unicorn {white} pigment ink; various blues/greens Faber-Castell Gelatos; detail scissors; Faber-Castell Gel Medium; drizzle heart mask made with Amazing Remelt; Ditto black shimmer spray; and a Deflecto 3" x 4" Acrylic Craft Frame.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •


Thanks so much for dropping by! Have you seen the JUNE inspiration board... its AMAZING!  I invite you to join us and play along with the June inspiration challenge {CLICK HERE for details}. Just make a creation using the inspiration above and your stash of VLVS! stamps... linkup and you could win more RUBBER!

If you would like to see more of my creations please visit my blog, sbartist : painting in the dark HERE. Have a fabulous day!!  Sb

2 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

STUNNING textures and I the way you made that heart is SO COOL!

Corrie Herriman said...

This is absolutely fabulous Susan ! Love it !
Corrie x