Monday, June 08, 2015

You Are My Home.

Hello!!  Mary here today with an altered hanger and a layout!

I've been in an organizing and beautifying mood lately, and I happened to notice that I have absolutely ZERO recent pictures of my family displayed in my home.  Tons of the kiddos, tons of my husband and I, but nothing of us all together.  So, I set out to create a layout and I wanted to display it in a  fun way.

I found a set of wooden hangers at my local thrift shop during my last trip, and instead of hoarding them in my closet, I thought they'd make a great display for my layout---with a little help.

I began by painting my hanger with a coat of white paint...


...and giving it a quick sanding when it was dry to give it a bit more texture.


I then stamped the Waybill/Invoice Background and the Grunge 5 repeatedly with StazOn.


Then, I added a little age with some Distress Ink.


As a final embellishment, I tied some of my favorite May Arts ribbon, lace and twine to the top of my hanger.


And here it is with the layout I've created!


If you look closely, you'll see more of the Waybill/Invoice Background and the Field Of Stars images...


Here's another look at the hanger.


And here's a closer look at the house.


The base of my was created in the same way as the hanger.


And now, to hang it on my wall.  How cool would an entire wall of layouts on hangers look?!!??  I may have my work cut out for me!

Thanks so much for joining me today.

xx Mary

4 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

What a great idea Mary !
Corrie x

Kathyk said...

A very cool display idea

Kathyk

Annes Werkstatt said...

Great idea Mary!

Hetty said...

Abolutely beautiful and yes,indeed,what a great idea for hanging!