Monday, June 22, 2015

Time Flies.

Hello, Mary here and today, we're stamping into clay :-)

Stamping in clay is one of may all-time favorite things to do!  This time, I set out to create tiny book covers for a miniature book I wanted to create.

To make the book a little lighter, I created a form out of chipboard.  This is perfect if you wanted to create a jewelry piece, because who wants a 10 pound necklace??  I also like to mix a small amount glue into my clay to strengthen it a bit.


Just cover the form with clay and give it a good stamp!  I used the Clockface image for this piece.

When the covers were completely dry, I gave them a quick sanding to even out any rough edges.


Give them a base coat of paint and finish it off with a layer of glue.  This will keep the color safely on when you go to distress the piece in the next step.


Now, add a top coat of paint and let it dry for a bit.  You want it dry to the touch, but not cured!  I let mine set for about a minute or two.


Then, rub off any excess paint for a distressed look.  My little girl wanted this book and begged for a pink one, so pink is is!


Here's a close peek.


I finished it off with a twine closure, a key chain finding...


...and inside pages.  I've used the Clockface image again with some Perfect Pearls and also the Time Flies sentiment.


Now, baby girl has a brand new key chain and a little reminder to stay little as long as possible.  Thanks so much for joining me today!!

xx Mary





9 comments:

by belle said...

Love what you did Mary!!

Chark said...

how cool is this?!

Julie S said...

Wow, I really want to give this a go. Looks great!

Tera Callihan said...

This is awesome! I love it

Tera Callihan said...

This is awesome! I love it

Tera Callihan said...

This is awesome! I love it

Corrie Herriman said...

Wow, fabulous !
Corrie x

Corrie Herriman said...

Wow, fabulous !
Corrie x

mamablitger said...

This mini book is so cute. Great idea stamping into clay. Love to try this soon.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs from Monica... Spain