Wednesday, June 10, 2015

TOOT your STAMPED Party Horn!



Hello everyone! Susan here with a tutorial using Viva Las VegaStamps! and washi... washi... washi tape – my second obsession. Who needs paper when you've got rolls of colorful goodness??!

I've been on a bit of a washi tape kick lately and I've been having a lot of fun using it for crafty projects. To create this fun birthday card, I have a quick tutorial on how to incorporate stamping with and ON washi tape... including a variation of making DIY washi tape, too! Now I've shared previously how I make DIY tissue tape, but this new way gives a different effect.



The "happy happy happy birthday" background is DIY washi using this white paper bandage tape I found at my favorite place to find crafty goodness... the Dollar Tree. TaDA!!! You have to hunt around the aisle with toiletries and soaps, but it's there folks.


I layered three strips together and spritzed with yellow and lime green mists, then stamped "Happy Happy Happy Birthday" repeatedly to make the background.

   

Then I selected some yellow and blue striped washi to stamp some fun embellishments that I will mount on cardstock and fussy cut. I stamped everything using Royal Purple StazOn ink onto the washi tapes.


I picked a lime green and a blue polka dot tape to be the border and left a yellow at the top to help hold things together so I can transfer it as a whole piece onto white cardstock.


**A HANDY TIP** place removable tape over the seams where tape edges meet and rub down - so you can easily peel this up as one larger piece and mount to your cardstock... and your good to go!

This was super quick and easy to put together – the hardest part was fussy cutting the stamped party hornstreamers and confetti bits and popping them up. This card is so fun and I just I love how the striped washi tape contrasts with the scalloped border trim.

"Toot to your Happy Birthday Horn"


• • • • • • • • • • • • •


Other Supplies: white card blank, white and teal cardstock scraps for matting, detail scissors, various washi tapes; Paper tape from dollar store; Doodlebug "Fancy Frills" scalloped borderRoyal Purple StazOn Ink; 3M Scotch Matte Finish removable tape; and 3D foam dots.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •


Thanks so much for dropping by! Have you seen the JUNE inspiration board... its AMAZING!  I invite you to join us and play along with the June inspiration challenge {CLICK HERE for details}. Just make a creation using the inspiration above and your stash of VLVS! stamps... linkup and you could win more RUBBER!

If you would like to see more of my creations please visit my blog, sbartist : painting in the dark HERE. Hope you have a fabulous day!!  Sb

2 comments:

Mary Brockway said...

Now I wanna go to the Dollar Tree!! So fun!! xo

Corrie Herriman said...

Great stuff !
Corrie x