Tuesday, June 09, 2015

I'm Not Insane

Hey everyone. Shanna here to share a new art journal piece I created to share with you!

Can you believe I had not done the VERY FIRST page in my art journal??? Yeah I know right!!!
Well I decided to make it fun and exciting and really kick my journal off. 



First I started with the background. I put down some of the new 2015 Distress Paints, spritzed it with water, smeared the colors around, and then heat set it. After that I used another Distress Paint with a stencil to create the swirl.  Then I watered down a little gesso to create the splatter in the background.


I then used some Staz-On Jet Black ink to stamp the Lid Lady #997 and cut her out. The colored parts I used Distress Ink like a watercolor to color the image.


I wanted more in the background so I used the stamp Stitching #19575 to add more texture to the page and I grabbed another stencil using a PITT Pen to draw around the shape.  


Then lastly I used the stamps I'm Not Insane #18514 to emboss with white powder on black paper, cutting it up and gluing it down. I thought the embossing added some good texture and gloss to the project. 


Items Used:

I do hope you were inspired to do a little project yourself because we are all AWESOME! 

Thanks so much for stopping by DT Member Shanna!


3 comments:

Julie S said...

How fun! That is a perfect quote too.

by belle said...

Awesome Shanna!

Corrie Herriman said...

It is fabulous, Shanna !
Corrie x