Thursday, June 25, 2015

Cards for the MANLY Type... or Just for FUN!!!


Hello everyone! Susan here today to share some fun masculine cards using Viva Las VegaStamps! I was crowned "Queen of Snark" for Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers "C is for Cake" Challenge and I was invited to join them as a guest for the current challenge "SSOS #36 - D is for Dude". With my ever-growing stash of VLVS! images and phrases... I had stamps with fun quips set aside to get five or six cards in the works real quick!


Who doesn't love drinking frogs??! Paired with "How 'bout a beer? Soitenly!" and stamped on a scrap of patterned paper, double matted on a coordinating Basic Grey plaid. I added a bit of color with watercolor pencils {sans water} and I'm done. CHEERS!



This quick make is stamped on a scrap of distressed creme patterned paper, accented with watercolor pencils {again no water}. Get over the Mondays with this fabulous quote "I'm out of bed and dresssed! What more do you want?". Textured blue cardstock mattes and photo corners complete this Groundhog Day special.


This Pig Smoking Pipe just had to go with this scrap of distressed pajama stripe... and he's asking for a cigar – LOL! Stamped on a scrap of patterned paper and colored with watercolor pencils {again no water blending} and set of on layers of grey and creme cardstock mattes. Love the layered look and the photo corners give a nice pop of texture.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •


• • • • • • • • • • • • •


Thanks so much for dropping by! Have you seen the JUNE inspiration board... its AMAZING! CLICK HERE to jump over and view my take on it.  I invite you to join us and play along with the June inspiration challenge {CLICK HERE for details}. Just make a creation using the inspiration above and your stash of VLVS! stamps... linkup and you could win more RUBBER!

If you would like to see more of my creations please visit my blog, sbartist : painting in the dark HERE. Have a fabulous day!!  Sb

4 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Great cards, Susan !
Corrie x

by belle said...

Great cards Susan!! I just love how you colored the images!!

Lindsey said...

These are brilliant! I think the beer-drinking frogs may be my new favourite. ;) Thanks for the shoutout to the Sisterhood and your guest designing with us for this challenge!

Donna said...

Fab cards Susan!!
Thanks so much for being our Queen and Guest Designer!