Monday, October 30, 2023

SPOOKY OLD HOUSE by Fran Chalmers

Happy Halloween everyone!

Today I have made a card topper/tag (I haven't decided yet!) which is a bit spooky!


First of all I blended my background with Distress Oxides in Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn and Wilted Violet.


 I then went round the edges with Element Ink in Dark Denim.


I used a moon mask and added the Dark Denim round the outside so the moon picked up the Twisted Citron underneath.  I then stamped the old house and coloured parts of it with a black pastel pencil.  I also used a bright yellow gel pen in the windows.


I added some tree branches round the edges and stamped the raven onto a piece of thick paper, and added Blueprint Sketch distress ink to the white parts (their feathers do have a bluish black tint, don't they!)



Once I had stuck the raven onto the tag, I used a Titanium White pan pastel to give the impression of mist.


As I haven't decided yet how to use this tag/topper, I didn't put any sentiment on it.  I quite like it without anything on it and I hope you do too!


Stamps Used:

Old House 19741

Raven Looking Up 20269

Weathered Tree 19467

Other Items Used:

Distress Oxides in Wilted Violet, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Blueprint Sketch

Versafine Clair in Nocturn

Elements Ink in Dark Denim

Black pastel pencil

Yellow gel pen

White Titanium pan pastel

See you next time!



No comments: