Saturday, October 28, 2023

Halloween night scenic Mail Art by Cocofolies

Hello Everyone !

After a little pause on the blog due to lots of things behind the scene, so sorry, I'm finally back today... very happy to share with you a cute and fun scenic stamping mail art! 


I used masking techniques mainly on this one, starting from a simple white standard envelope (mine measures 11x22 cm). Several VLVS wonderful fun stamps to give life to the scene, dye inks in natural tones for the background, and a bit of extra (soft) coloring here and there, and that's all! 



To start I stamped on the left side my dancing cat using black permament ink and next stamped it again soon on a post-it with the remaining ink. Then I fussy cut out this one to create a mask of my dancing cat, and put it over my original stamped image to adhere.  

Next, I stamped my Jack o'lantern Along Fence over the cat, and created a second mask, before stamping  my  Tree with Tire swings.

On the right side, I stamped the sign, masked if off before stamping the Stone wall. And to finish the scene, I stamped  at the bottom my little Mischievous Elf  to add a bit of fun.


Next, I colored the pumpkins and the wall with just a few Distress ink pads squeezed on my craft mat,  in Carved Pumpkin, Walnut Stain, Hickory Smoke and Gathered twigs. I roughly watercolored some parts of the background too (be careful, you have to do this really slightly, as the envelope does not tolerate much water!). I also put a bit of grey and brown shadows under all the images.


At this stage, I decided to add in the right upper corner Hanging bats.



Still using my watercolor detailed brush, I added color (Brushed Corduroy) between the branches of the tree, and arounf the bats.



Don't hesitate to heat up your paper from time to time, to make your envelope more robust! 



Time to play with a few color pencils to add some dimension to the scene and characters. I used my Derwent Coloursoft pencils in the colors you can see on the photo below. I had a wonderful time during the process. 



For the finishing touches, I used my Posca pens in Black and white, and some fine blackliner. 


Et voila! :)

Stamps used:

Trick or Treat Dancing Cat

I hope you like this project as much as I did.

Happy Halloween!!!!

Corinne

2 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Great fun! Love the colouring and so many great stamps in that scene!

Cocofolies said...

Thank you very much!! ❤️☺️