Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Not everything in black & white makes sense with Josefine

Hello and welcome back to the VLVS! blog. I'm sharing a new page in my zine art journal using a bunch of different stamps - some of which that were in the grab bag that I got just recently. 


The page already had a background. You can see what that looked like in my first post about this journal. I simply added a bit more stamping on top. All in similar colors with a mix of Distress Oxide and Distress Inks. Btw, the tree is not blurry. I stamped it twice, once in a lighter shade of blue and then a second time in a darker shade of blue.


The tree needed someone next to it. I wanted to make sure that the image of the statue is crisp, so I used a stamp block and put a piece of foam underneath the page - both things that help with getting a detailed image.


Since the background was rather busy, I needed a bit more to make the statue stand out. I used the Distress Inks and Oxides as watercolors and colored the statue in. Once that was dry, I went over the stamped lines with a very fine micron pen.


In the end, I added a sentiment to the right and a few more patterns to outline the sentiment.


And to add just a bit more texture, I decided to adhere the postage stamp to the top left. This has been laying on my desk for months now and I finally felt that I found a good spot for it.


If you haven't seen it yet, here is another page in the same journal.

Stamps used:

Thanks for stopping by and see you next time :)





No comments: