Friday, August 02, 2019

Summer walks with Lady Grey by Cheetarah


Hi all, it's Cheetarah here and I'm glad to be back on the design team for VLVS! this term and contribute regularly to the blog. Today I wanted to share a page I made in my Molskine watercolor sketchbook using wonderful whimsical Lady Grey Stamp by Mary Vogal Lozinak as focal point. 

I stamped her in my molsekine with Memento Tuxedo black, masked her off and added the butterfly wings for some extra whimsy. She looks like she is wearing a poncho so I decided to give the background a feel of light summer rain and work with complimentary colors. The watercolors I used are from Daniel Smith, Winsor and Newton, Schmincke and a few other brands. I like creating my own custom color palettes which you can see here in the picture. 

 

Lady Grey looks like she is walking down some steps and I used the row of Scribble squares to emulate them. Stamped them with memento Dove grey and used light grey green tones to give her a loose yet convincing grounded look look. In the background I have lightly stamped row of numbers set for some extra texture. It looks like she is having a lovely walk in the summer rain. 

Stamps used: 


Until next time, have a lovely weekend!

No comments: