Saturday, May 04, 2013

It's a bird...its a plane...its another Domino book!

Today's project I made another Domino book. This one was so fun to make.


I used Sunshine Yellow and purple twilight Alcohol inks on the dominoes  I then stamped the brick background stamp with Black Memento ink pad. Yes,I know I should of used Stazon, but I don't have it. So, I used what I have. The edges I used my Heat and Stick embossing powder and some metallic flakes that I had in my stash for years. I stamped the superman standing image on white cardstock and black Memento ink pad. Colored him with Prisma color pencils. Glued him down on the domino and then glossy accented the domino (along with the second domino.) I also Glossy accent the sides of the domino. I took some May Arts trim that was white and colored it with some purple spray. I glued it to each domino. 


Now its time for the inside of the book. I took a piece of white cardstock cut it about 2 inches wide and 9 inches long and scored it at every 7/8ths. You should have 10 sections. But I never do, not a math wiz. lol


I took The Salted Ocean distress ink pad and sponged the color all over the paper to make it look like a sky. I stamped everything with black archival ink pad. I first stamped the Whimsical clouds. I then stamped the Whimsical trees and houses just for placement. On white cardstock I stamped the Whimsical trees and houses. I colored everything with color pencils. I also added some Glossy Accents to parts of the trees and houses. I cut them out and used foam squares to attach them to the pages. I then stamped Superman Flying and colored him in. I then stamped the Sentiment "all my Heroes where their underwear on the outside." and cut the words apart and glued them to the pages. Love how this turned out!

When everything was done. I used Miracle tape and glossy accents to attached the inside of the book to the domino covers. When dried I tied the trim in bows to close the book.

stamps used


Items used
Dominoes
Alcohol inks
Black Memento ink pad
Black archival ink pad
Glossy accents
heat and stick embossing powder
metallic flakes
Prisma color pencils
spray to color trim 



1 comment:

Salla said...

Thanks for the instructions! Now I finally understand what a domino book is. Fun stamps as your theme, too!