Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Mysterious

Hello everyone,

I have made a journal page for today's post and I had so much fun doing it. I have used one of my all time favourite stamps by VLVS! namely the Forest Critter by Leslie Wood ! I adore her work; if you have not heard from her, look her up !


I started painting the page with gesso and then added the yellow with a brayer. I put a stencil on top and wiped away some of the paint with a baby wipe. I repeated this with the turquoise. Next I rolled over some more of the same paint. I then added some stencilling with white acrylic paint over the top. 


I then stamped the background randomly and pushed it back into the background with more white paint and my brayer. I also stamped through the same stencil and added doodles around the circles. I used a black and a white pen for this. I drew a circle where the critter was going to go, again with a white and a black pen and stamped her in it. (I think she is a girl ?) I added splatter and then stamped the critter again on white card stock and coloured her with coloured pencils. I cut her out and added her on the page. 


I adhered the page in my book with Miracle tape. 

I have used the following stamps:


Other materials :

Acrylic paints; Amsterdam acrylics, Dina Wakley heavy body acrylics and Sennelier Abstract. 
Archival inks: Chrome Yellow, Aquamarine, Watering can and Jet Black
Versafine Clair - Nocturne
White Sharpie
Black pen
Caran d'Ache Pablo Coloured pencils
Tim Holtz Stencil
Washitape

Thank you for stopping by today ! 



No comments: