Saturday, September 07, 2019

Art Journal Page by Elisa Ablett



Hi VLV Stamps fans,

Elisa here from the design team with my latest inspiration for you, 
a bright and cheeky art journal page 😂

As soon as I saw the Large Sandwich board ( boy) stamp, I just knew I had to create a little something with him. For those of us with kids in our lives, sometimes our lovely children can be 'little rays of @#$ sunshine lol' so I wanted to commemorate in my art journal the few times perhaps when my boys caused me to suffer from - mum anxiety and stress -  with their moods. 

Let's take a closer look at how it came together....



I starting with stamping my Brick Background and then added my water colour background sky and brick colouring. I then stamped Large Sandwich Board boy on a seperate piece of cardstock using my trusty versafine black ink pad and coloured with watercolours and markers. I put him aside to dry and concentrated on completing my background adding the rays of sunshine using a Prima stencil and coloured texture paste from Colour Blast and Little Birdy.


Lastly, I used a clear acrylic block to position my next stamp I am a ray... so that it stamped in the right position in the middle of the Sandwich Board. I then fussy cut the boy out and used 3D mounting tape to add dimension. I wanted him to be outlined by the rays of sunshine so I positioned him over the middle. 

I also added a scribbled border and scribbled handwriting to add a bit of focus to the page. 

Thanks for stopping by the blog today, while I am chasing my kids around and refereeing their fights you may like to leave me a comment or two below ... just to let me know I am not the only one suffering from a few 'mum needs some time alone' moments 😏😏


Stamps used:



Other materials used:

Art by Marlene Art Journal
Prima Ray Stencil
Colour Blast Colour Paste
Little Birdy Texture Paste
Versafine Ink
Prima Watercolours
Decoart paint
Dictionary Paper
Black Marker
White Posca Paint Pen



No comments: