Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Scribble That Shit Out - Art Journal Page | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
Sue Plumb here to share my latest design team project with you. Today I have an art journal page that I created to showcase one of the brand new stamps from the new release plate #1517, which features some fabulous arty scribble-style faces. I wanted my page to represent the creative thought process, and how therapeutic art can be.

To create my page, I started with some loose white cardstock that I had cut down to an A5 size, with the intention of punching it and putting into my art journal binder once it was complete.


I began by applying Mustard Seed Distress Oxide using a foam blending tool to the cardstock. I then took an Aboriginal inspired stencil from StencilGirl that featured a rippling wave style pattern, and applied Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide using a sponge dauber through the stencil over the top.


For the focal image on my page, I first stamped out the Large Lightbulb using black StazOn ink onto another piece of cardstock. I then used a water brush and the Mustard Seed and Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxides to colour the light bulb image before cutting it out. 

I then repeated the process with the Tina Walker Scribble Girl with Curlers and Earrings stamp; using Barn Door; Spun Sugar; and Mowed Lawn Oxides to colour it in before cutting it out.


In keeping with the style of my chosen feature lady, I used the Scribble Circle stamp and stamped it directly onto my page background. I then took the light bulb I had already prepared and positioned it in the circle so that it was surrounded by what appeared it to be energy flowing from it.


Next, I stamped the Scribble That Shit Out phrase stamp (also from new plate #1517) along the bottom edge of my journal page. I then took my scribble lady and added some cardboard to the back of her before sticking it down slightly overlapping the light bulb in the background. (This represented her "ideas".)


I was so happy with how this page came out and I am crushing on those new scribble ladies from Tina - I expect I will be using them again very soon!
Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you, I hope I have inspired you to get inky too.


Stamps used:

Other materials:
- Cardstock
- Ranger Distress Oxides
- Tsukineko StazOn ink
- StencilGirl Aboriginal Stencil

1 comment:

Cheetarah said...

Wonderful bright card! Love it :)