Tuesday, September 10, 2019

She Was a Wildflower - Art Journal Page | Sue Plumb


Hi everyone!
It's Sue Plumb here with my latest design team project for you. Today I have a simple, but fun, art journal page to share that I created using a variety of stamps; Distress Oxides; a Sharpie; watercolour pencils and inks.


I began my page with an A4 sized sheet of white cardstock and Distress Oxides in the colours of Twisted Citron and Cracked Pistachio. I began using a foam blender to apply the Twisted Citron to an area in the centre of my page. I then blended some of the Cracked Pistachio into it to give it some extra depth.


Once I had the colour down, I grabbed the Doodle flower/garden stamp to form the base of my focal image. I then stamped Skull stamp on top of one of the flower stems so it appeared as though it were growing in the garden.


I then used the Row of scribble circle/eyes to add "flowers" to the tops of the remaining stems.


I then added some extra detail by using a Sharpie to doodle some "petals" and also to add some grass amongst the bottom of the stems.


Next, I took the Striped pattern circle and stamped it out onto some extra white cardstock. I then fussy cut around the image before using watercolour pencils to colour it, and then blended it out with a water brush.


I then stuck the flower I had made onto the skull (like a flower in her hair). 


With the flower in place it was time to add my sentiment. I chose the She was a wildflower stamp and placed it alongside the skull.


I then added a little extra detail to my background by splattering some inks around the page using a small brush. I used 13Arts Ayeeda Ink in white and Colour Blast Colour Artist Ink in Slipper.


To finish off, I used the Sky of stars background to add some fine stamped detail.


That's all from me today, thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to get inky too!


Stamps used:
Skull

Other materials:
- White cardstock
- Ranger Distress Oxides
- Tsukineko StazOn ink
- Sharpie pen
- Faber-Castell watercolour pencils
- 13Arts Ayeeda acrylic ink
- Colour Blast Colour Artist Ink

No comments: