Tuesday, March 28, 2017

She was... Art Journal Spread by Susanne

Hi my dear crafty friends!

Susanne here and I'm sharing an art journal page today. I used the beautiful "Fed-up Vintage Lady " stamp as my focal point.

For my background I used a kind of embossing resist technique. Instead of watercolour I used white acrylic paint. I learned this in a video by Marion Emberson from WOW! Embossing Powder. She calles it White Out Resist technique.
Start by colouring the background with PanPastels. Next step is stamping the "" image with embossing ink. Use clear powder, so your background will shine through. Add a l layer of white acrylic paint on top. Let it sit for a short moment and wipe the colour off the embossed parts with a baby wipe.
The result is a shabby background. I used the "Scribble Heart" and "Sawtooth Stitching Lines" to add some details.
Finally I added my focal image with the sentiment on top of a silver thread.

Thank you for stopping by today!
xx Susanne



Supplies:
Viva Las VegaStamps!:
All stamps can be found on Plate 1495
Fed-up Vintage Lady
Scribble Heart
She was
She was a Wildflower
Wildflower Silhouette 2
Sawtooth Stitching Lines
Other:
WOW! Clear Embossing Powder
PanPastels
Archival Ink Jet Black
White Acrylic Paint
Thread

3 comments:

Gerrina said...

Beautiful!TFS!

by belle said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

Superb!! ❤️❤️