Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Simple can be good!

Hey all!! DeeDee here.. and today I have an important message.. "sometimes a stamped image says enough without words!"

In today's project I've used a rather large stamp from VLVS!, large.. but beautiful! I imagine this is me and a friend in the distant future.

I used the Senior Ladies stamp (3.5 x 4.75 inches - only $8.85 Unmounted!!!)



I stamped in Memento black (Find it at VLVS! here) and distress embossed it with Walnut Stain powder from TH. I then attached the image to my background with Miracle Tape - and because it's such a great adhesive I was able to distress the edges right on the piece!! YAY!






About the background: I took the time to use Sakura Hobby's 3D Crystal Lacquer to enhance the background paper I had picked out. After cutting the bottle open and attaching my fine tip I applied lacquer to the dark green spots in my patterned paper! It creates a dazzling 3D glossy sort of embossed effect and compliments our gals nicely!!




To finish it off I wrapped the card with a nice twine --- see what I mean about not always needing a sentiment or words? This would be perfect to give to a best friend :D

DeeDee over n out!

1 comment:

Stampo said...

Love this card, DeeDee... another winner! Thanks.