Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bowling Ball Spinner Card (with pattern to download)

Bowling Ball Spinner Card

Sometimes when I browse a collection of stamps, I look for stamps that will work well together to create a scene. When I found these three bowling stamps at Viva Las Vegastamps! I knew there had to be a fun way to combine them. It wasn't too long before I realized a spinner card might be just the right technique to make the card feel like you're at the lanes again!

While assembling the card, I remembered Fiesta Lanes - the bowling alley on Lane Avenue in Upper Arlington, OH. When I moved to there in 1989, I passed Fiesta Lanes, and saw it's bright neon sign, almost every day. The bowling alley is long gone, replaced by a commercial strip, but the sign remains in the lobby of an office located in the strip. I tried to recreate it in paper to always remind me of Fiesta Lanes. You can see a photo of the original sign on Flickr.

The three stamps featured in this card are:

PDF DownloadI created a bowling lane with some perspective as a background for the stamps to help enhance the feeling that the bowling ball was rolling towards the pins and the reader. You can download a PDF of the background and use it to make your own bowling ball spinner card.

Check out my YouTube video for tips on making a spinner card. I'll warn you in advance, there are a couple of typos in the video, as it was late when I produced it.

Keep your eyes out for the Viva Las Vegastamps! Tag Blog Hop in December. Members of the design team (DT) will be creating tags for the 12 days of Christmas. Each day the DT members will treat you to many tag ideas using Christmas Stamp Sheet 1363. There will be a link at the end of each blog post which will link you to another DT's blog. Leave a comment each day, and you can win sheet 1363 to recreate the tags!

Check out my other projects on my blog at Create & Craft.

Happy stamping and Happy Thanksgiving!

Joe R.

8 comments:

Lyneen said...

Great tutorial... love how easy you made it with your step by steps.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, Joe. Thanks for the great techniques.
Stampo

Proxxon Tools said...

great post....

grandmalee said...

Thanks for this tutorial for this great card! My daughter used to manage a couple bowling alleys, so this card will be so fun to make for her. Looking forward to the hop in December!

Joe M said...

Great card Joe R! You always go all out with your tutorials! I love the 50's look too with the background, sign and shirt. :-)

Anonymous said...

how's things vivalas.blogspot.com blogger found your website via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://traffic-for-your-website.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://traffic-for-your-website.com
To your success James

Unknown said...

Its a, learning so much. Thank you for sharing. topthaonguyenhoang

yogi said...

This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. https://cleverbowling.com