Sunday, November 27, 2011

I Like Cats Too!



First of all, I have to say that no cats were harmed in the making of this card! Secondly, I love cats and would never eat them!

I was looking through all the stamps that I got in my pound of rubber from Viva Las Vegastamps! and spotted this sentiment about exchanging cat recipes. I thought to myself that I would never use such a thing! But then, I saw this wonderful chef stamp, and my evil wheels started turning! For the little cat heads, I used a stamp of two cats playing leap frog and just used their heads.

After putting the stamps together in my head, I wasn't sure if I would like a card using cats in such a manner, so then I started looking for other ideas, and I found this cute stamp of a dog with a chef hat! So then it didn't seem so bad. I think the Chef leans toward weird, but then the dog balances that out by leaning toward cute since that is the type of behavior we can expect from dogs. At least in cartoons anyway.



For both cards, I stamped my images on white cardstock, and colored with Copic markers. I used pattern paper for my backgrounds and inked my edges and then glued my pieces in place.

Please feel free to stop by my blog to say hello and see my other Viva Las Vegastamps! projects! Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Lyneen said...

Those are too cute... great cats... opps cards!!!! Love your humor!!!!

Joe Rotella said...

As a dog person, I especially love this card!!

Although, I'll be honest - I do love our cat!

Great cards!

Jamie said...

Awesomely funny card Joe! :0) I love kitties too, but still funny.

Vince B said...

Great cards Joe. I think our local takeaway could supply you with a few new cat recipies if you need some! Hee hee

David H said...

I have to admit, being very fond of cats, that I did laugh out loud! Thanks for the smile this morning!

Resolute Fat Girl said...

Way cute! Great color on the bulldog! You must teach me the ways of the Copic.