Sunday, November 13, 2011

Merry Christmoose!

For this week's project, I wanted to make something with Sakura Crystal Lacquer. One of the things I really like about Crytstal Lacquer is that when it dries, it's not just clear and glossy, it's also flexible. So, unlike similar products, it won't crack or break off of something if you bend it.

I recently spent a weekend at a retreat held by PK Glitz in Rocky Hill, KY. For three whole days, we got to make all sorts of things with their wonderful glitter! This is one of the techniques I learned there.

To start out, I stamped this Framed Moose stamp on a piece of clear acetate using black Stazon ink. The, using the fine tip that comes with each bottle of Crystal Lacquer, I started filling in one small area at a time. Each time I filled in an area, I stopped and covered it with glitter. After about 10 seconds, I turned it over, tapped off the excess glitter and moved on to the next color. On the shrubs and mountains, I shaded with two colors by lightly tapping my lighter color over the top of the area, tapping off excess, and the covered the whole area with the darker color.

For my sentiment, I used the Merry Christmoose stamp, and heat embossed it with a glittery green color.

For the glittered border, I used 1/8 Miracle Tape to make my outer line first by adhering the tape to the edges of my card and going all the way around. Them I peeled of the paper and I covered with the double sided sticky tape with brown glitter. I repeated the process with the green glitter to make a fantastic border. It comes in several widths for lots of uses.

Be sure to come back here every Monday, Wednesday & Friday for new projects and ideas! Please feel free to stop by my blog anytime to see all my Viva Las Vegastamps! projects in one place. Also, feel free to stop by the Sakura Crystal Lacquer blog for other great ideas! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Joe Rotella said...

I love it!! The moose in glitter looks like a stained glass window - perfect for Christmas!

Lyneen said...

WOW.... This is awesome... love the glitter effect with the acetate! Great technique!

Aimee said...

JOE!! this is fantastic!!!! wonderful card!
xoxo
Aimee