Friday, November 11, 2011

Playing with Viva Las Vegas & Crystal Lacquer

Hello again!
Aimee here with some fun stuff to show ya!

The Design Team was fortunate to receive some super duper Crystal Lacquer to play with. 
I gotta say, I LOVE the stuff- especially the colored lacquers.

This first project is a "Tim sized" tag.
And I bet you're not surprised to see a dog, are ya? 

To start off, I inked the tag using Distress Inks: 
Tumbled Glass, Scattered Straw, Worn Lipstick, Vintage Photo, and Black Soot.
Flicked some water onto the inked tag.
Sprayed inked tag with Iridescent Memories Mist (ummm, new addiction here people!).

 Stamp the adorable little bulldog using permanent ink, and color in with markers.
Cut him out and adhere to tag.
Stamp the sundae on a scrap of paper, color with markers, and add Crystal Lacquer to the glass and the cherry on top. Let dry, cut out, and adhere.
 Stamp sentiment under bulldog.
Add a strip of decorative tape at the bottom of the tag.
 THEN, take your purple Crystal Lacquer and doodle a border around the tag.
Take the blue Crystal Lacquer and do some dots in your doodles.
Set aside to dry.
 Isn't it fun!!

This card I am OH SO pleased with!!
I just ADORE this butterfly. I use her ALL.THE.TIME.
Love her.
 So I 'won' a package of note cards at a direct sales party a few months ago.
Yeah they are OK but boring!
So, I spruced them up a bit.

Using one card for the base, I took another card and cut the front off, and made a wide strip from it.
Mat the wide strip with card stock, and adhere this to the front of the base card.
Stamp your butterfly using Twinkling H2Os onto white card stock and let dry.
Once dry, ink the edges, mat onto card stock and adhere to card.
 Now I used blue and green Twinks to stamp my butterfly, so....
Use green Crystal Lacquer over some of the green parts of the butterfly.
Use blue lacquer on some of the blue parts of the butterfly.
Let dry.
Once dry, go over the ENTIRE butterfly with clear Crystal Lacquer, and let it dry.
Then, go over the blue and green parts again with the colored lacquers. 
Sprinkle some clear glitter onto the colored parts while still wet.
Set aside to dry.
How pretty is that butterfly!!!
(PS- the butterfly comes in two sizes!!!)


And, here's your wiener of the day....
My sweet little Daisy Dog saying "What's up!"

2 comments:

Lyneen said...

Great cards... love how you used the lacquer to add so much dimension to the butterfly!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the projects and the wiener of the day!
Stampo