Friday, June 09, 2023

Circus Bear by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello everyone!!

Today I made a card for my blog project.


For my background, I used several colors of thick acrylic paint. I put it right on the card and used a brush to spread it around.



Once I had the paint on, I dried it with my heat tool. And then used a pallet knife to put some crackle paste on in some areas. Pro tip: Don't be impatient like me and dry the crackle paste with a heat tool. Let it air dry. You will not get much if any cracks otherwise. As you see on my card. few cracks.

I needed some yellow so I used some distress oxide wild honey re inker on top of the paste. I heat dried it, and kept putting paints and even some red distress spray stain on until I was happy. Its a very textured background.
While that finished drying, I stamped the Banksy circus bear on a piece of cardstock and painted him with distress sprays like watercolor.
I used foam tape to pop him up on top of the background. Then I mounted it all onto a black card. I used some TH small talk words to finish the card. 
I hope you like my card today~ Thanks for looking.

Stamp used:
Banksy Circus Bear       19977

Other supplies:
Various Acrylic paints-see photo above
Crackle paste by Golden
Distress spray stains: Lumberjack plaid., Gathered twigs, Vintage photo, twisted citron, saltwater taffy,
Squeezed lemonade
Dixie bell chalk paint- lemonade





No comments: