Saturday, April 01, 2023

Tiny Art Journal Page- Sometimes I get so weird I freak myself out

 Hellooooo out there!

Aimee here.

I recently rejoined the design team and I'm so happy to be here. 

For my first project I have a teeny, tiny art journal page to share. 

This year's art journal was created with watercolor paper scraps. I gathered 'em all up and cut them into uniform rectangles. There's many different sizes, but they all fit together now. I put the papers onto two binder rings for now. I'll bind it into a book (or just make covers, who knows) at the end of the year.


I've filled a few bound journals over the years but I really prefer this method since I can remove a page and get all the edges easily. Also, I can get the pages nice and flat!!

On to the project!

Here's a photo of most of the supplies. A few Distress Oxide inks, some gold watercolor, and a few stamps. I ended up adding Jet Black Archival ink for stamping, and my party mix bowl of embellishments.

First, let's grab some watercolor paper and Distress Oxide inks. I used Lost Shadow, Twisted Citron, and Picked Raspberry. Start with your lightest color (in this case, Lost Shadow) and ink a small random area.



Continue with your other two colors, blending the edges slightly.

Next, throw some water at that paper and let those Distress Oxides do what they do ๐Ÿ˜
Blot, and dry.



Next, get your washi grid background stamp  and some black ink (I used Archival ink) and stamp this down the left edge. 



The focal image is this fun (cricket? grasshopper?) from plate 922. 
He kinda reminds me of myself HA!
Stamp him near the middle of the page in black ink.



Stamp the sentiment below the critter, also in black ink.


Now add some splatter! I use Daniel Smith gold watercolor but there's oh so many ways to splatter. 
After the splatter, take your black ink pad and rub around the edges of the entire page, leaning the ink pad in onto the front of the page a bit. Rub the ink pad down the entire left edge to ink over the grid stamp.


Add some color to your critter in whatever way you choose- I used three alcohol markers- a bright green, bright yellow, and hot pink.

My final steps were to color the crown gold with a gel pen, and to add a little bling from my party mix.











Supplies-
  • Plate 922 
  • Washi grid 
  • Sometimes I freak myself out stamp 
  • watercolor paper (mine was 3" x 4")
  • Distress Oxide Inks- Lost Shadow, Twisted Citron, Picked Raspberry
  • water
  • Archival Ink - Jet Black
  • colored pencil, markers, or whatever ya wanna color with
  • heat tool to speed up drying if you're impatient like me ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • bling
  • glue/adhesive







2 comments:

Cocofolies said...

Lovely page and project Aimee! ^^ Welcome!

Aimee said...

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š