Monday, October 25, 2021

HALLOWEEN CARDS by Fran

Hi everyone! Today I made a couple of cards for Halloween.  I'm not really a great fan of Halloween but seeing the great spooky work that others were doing, I was inspired!


 For the first card, I put a small moon mask on the top right of my piece of card and smooshed distress inks in Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves and Chipped Sapphire with water.



I went round the moon mask with the darkest colour, then added more colour with blending brushes.


I stamped the cemetary stamp a little way up from the bottom in black.


For a bit of added interest I stamped branches across the moon and round the top and sides of the card using the top of a tree stamp.



After stamping the skeleton, I darkened the ground in front of the gravestones with black distress ink then used a white gel pen to highlight the skelly's bones, and the tops of the graves where I thought the moonlight would hit them.


And where there is light, there are shadows, so I coloured in some shadows with a black charcoal pencil.


To finish off this card, I mounted it on a white mat before putting onto a black card.


For the second card, I started by stamping the main image on white card, and also cut out a mask so that I could use Wilted Violet and Chipped Sapphire distress inks over it.



After removing the mask, I inked around the edge of the card with Carved Pumpkin distress ink, making the corners darker.


With a small brush, I infilled the bits that the mask covered that needed to be purple.



I then coloured the main image with Polychromos pencils




To finish the card off, I mounted it on a black card and drew round the edges with a black fine liner pen. I don't have any Halloween sentiments, so I had drew a spider hanging down (and actually wished I hadn't afterwards, haha!)


Hope you like these cards!  See you next time :)

Stamps Used:

Card 1:

Card 2:

Other items used:
Distress inks Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Chipped Sapphire, Carved Pumpkin, Black Soot
Versafine Clair ink in Nocturn
White Gel Pen
Black fine liner pen
Moon mask
Polychromos pencils
Black Charcoal pencil













3 comments:

DigitalChick said...

For the record, I love your spider. But I know what you mean. I often feel like my cards are boring... so I add stuff. And more often than not, I regret adding more stuff.

Crafting With Jack said...

I like the spider! The skeleton looks joyful and the little girl grumpy. Love the blended backgrounds. THANK YOU for sponsoring the 2021 Cat Lovers Hop at Her Peaceful Garden!

Roxy T said...

It's the skeleton dance!