Monday, September 24, 2018

Clowning Around with Mail Art

Hello Crafty Friends! 

Welcome Back to another
Mail Art Monday!




Stamps Used:

I started with an A2 sized envelope. The 1st stamp I stamped was the creepy clown.  Once the clown was stamped, I stamped it again on scrap paper to create a mask. 



Next, I created the address block by tracing a mini playing card. (I left this in place as a mask also.)

I chose the typeset scallop to use as a banner.
 (You know banners are fun right?!)


Once the banner and all of the foreground pieces were masked off, I started on my background.  I used distress oxide ink in cracked pistachio to color my base color. Next, I stamped my grungy circles in the same cracked pistachio color.


At this point you can remove all of your masks.  I used Blick alcohol ink markers to add all my base colors.  I added a bit of blue watercolor colored pencil around the banner too. I added extra details with a white gelly roll pen.







2 comments:

Julie S said...

Ha ha! The minute I saw this pop up in my feed I new it was a Tera Callihan orginal! Love your envies, Tera.

Tera Callihan said...

Aww thank you Julie!!! ♡♡♡