Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Mark Maker ATC's

Hi VLVS! Friends!
Elina here with you today, sharing my first projects as a brand-new member in this amazing VLVS! design team. I’m so excited to start this journey with you!

In just a few months’ time I’ll be travelling to Netherlands to attend a great stamping event, ARTSpecially. I’ve been to a few workshops in Netherlands before but this specific one will be a new experience for me. But I’m sure it will be a lot of fun!

My crafty friend who has participated in this event before suggested that I should bring a pile of ATC cards with me. Event participants will swap them during the weekend, and for being able to join the fun I’d better be prepared. I love ATC’s and do have quite many ready in my stash, but I thought it was a good idea to make a few more:


Many of my projects are very colorful, but I also like to play with contrasts between bright colors and grey tones. Like on this ATC set: To highlight the cool stamped main images I colored them with grey markers, and placed them on a grungy orange-yellow-brown inked background.


The patterns on the bottom of the background were made with a stencil: I first inked the background with Distress inks, placed a stencil on top, and lifted some of the ink by misting the stencil with water. Once dry I decorated the background with VLVS! pattern stamps.


I hope these ATC’s will get new owners in April!

Supplies used:

VLVS! stamps:
20162 Carved Xs
20165 Cross Marks Background
20161 Punchinella/Sequin Waste
20168 Mark Maker
19359 Whimsical Boy in Hat
7605 Sandwich Board/Large
6727 Clown Face
7658 Clown

Other Supplies:
Stamping inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; VersaFine - Onyx Black; Archival Inks – Saffron; Plum
Distress Inks -  Rusty Hinge; Walnut Stain; Ripe Persimmon; Mustard Seed
Stencil: Crafter's Workshop - Corncob Etching
Water mister
Cardstock in white and black


Thank you for stopping by!
xx Elina


6 comments:

Julie S said...

Wonderful ATCs!! I would trade with you any time. :D

Cheetarah said...

That is so awesome Elina! I go to the ARTspecially event every year and looking forward to it this year as well :) perhaps we can meet up and trade :D these are gorgeous!! xo Cheetarah

Elina Stromberg said...

Julie, it would be lovely to trade ATC's with you! ❤
And Cheetarah, I'm really looking forward to meeting you in April! ❤

Tera Callihan said...

I freaking LOVE these!! I have no idea how I've never seen that clown in the straight jacket!!! He's in my cart now!!!! excellent inspiration!!

Sharon Foulk said...

These are great! Someone will be so lucky to trade with you!

by belle said...

Fantastic ATC's !!