Thursday, May 28, 2015

Fly.

Hello!  Mary here with a simple way to mix up your basic stamped background.

I started by stamping the Sheet Music Background onto the smooth side of a sheet of watercolor paper with StazOn ink.  You could use any background or image stamp as long as it's a more solid image that covers a good bit of area.


Then, I punched out several circles from the image with a punch.  Dies would work well for this or you could mix it up with different shapes and sizes!


Finally, I layered the circles onto my background.  Here, I stitched them down and added a splatter of glitter for more texture and a bit of sparkle.


And here's a peek at my finished card all embellished and ready to go!


I LOVE the layered effect this background provides!  The white circles break up all that Distress Ink in the background and really show off the music sheet pattern of the stamp.



And, of course, I've used the 'fly' portion of the Get Cape Wear Cape Fly image, stamped onto vellum, and tucked under the bird embellishment to add my sentiment.


If you'd like to see another project I've used this technique on, check out THIS project.  With this one, I've done the reverse by adding pops of color to the diecuts and left the background white!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

xx Mary

4 comments:

Julie S said...

Delightful! I love the wonky stitching on the circles. Will be trying this soon. (After I unbury my sewing machine!)

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous ! Great idea !
Corrie x

Marian said...

Great out of the box idea! I love the card. I will definitely try this idea.

by belle said...

I really need to get my sewing machine out! Love it Mary!