Friday, May 15, 2015

Guest Designer : Sheri Levitt x2

Today we are being joined by the talented Sheri Levitt again.

 
 

HI everyone Sheri here again. I'm back for my second Guest DT project.


I had gotten a couple of these 5x7 canvases at the thrift store last year. One day I was looking through my boxes in my craft room (yes my craft room is still not totally unpacked yet.) I found these so I took one to use for my guest DT.

I glued down a black and white paisley napkin with matte medium. I then took some water down yellow and pink craft paint on the canvas. Didn't like how that looked so I used magenta craft paint and painted over the canvas. 
 
 
Next I stamped the Line of Chevrons and the 6 hexagon stamps using black craft paint. I had some white lace in my stash that I sprayed with Black Dylusion spray. after it dried I glued it on the canvas with Helmar 450 quick dry.I made some drips with the Black Dylisons spray and Tinsel Color Shine by Heidi Swapp. I then I glued down the silver beaded trim and the black pearl trim to hide the lack of color when I spayed water to make the drips. Finally for the background I felt it needed some white, So I used the heart confetti stencil by UmWowStudio with White Linen Dylusion spray. I also painted the edges of the canvas with black craft paint.
 

I stamped the Umbrella Girl on white cardstock and colored her with Artist Loft Watercolors and the pearlesent watercolors also by Artist Loft.  The girl I used foam tape and glued her onto the canvas. The I'm a fruit Loop sentiment I stamped on with Black Versafine ink pad on white cardstock, and glued onto the canvas.


No comments: