Thursday, January 30, 2014

The End Is Near

Hello again! It's me Tera here with another fun project. This time I am sharing a Small keep sake box I made for youngest brother. We just helped him move into his dorm a few weeks ago. 
For this box I've created a distressed Apocalypse style box! 
Fitting for a boys Dorm room Don't you think!?!


To start I painted all of the edges of the box black with the ranger acrylic paint dabber.
 
Next I cut out some vintage book pages, for all of the edges I cut parts of pages without words. All of the  pieces were cut so that there would be a 1/8 inch boarder. Next I added some text. 
  To start I stamped  Man In Gas Mask 2 1/2 x 3, next I stamped Apocalypse 3/4 x 2 1/2  on a scrap then layered it. 


Next I stamped Radioactive 2 x 2 and Crime Scene Tape 1 x 4  on two of the sides 
 

 On the 3rd side I stamped Biohazard 2 x 2, I also stamped The End is Near 1 1/2 x 1 1/4 and layered it on the top.  

  For the finishing touches I added one of the UM Wow Studio Gear Mash  gears. I added some gold and silver mica pieces to symbolize his hunt for money in life!  I also added a grunge board #4 and splatted black dylusions spray ink. 

(all images were stamped with Ranger Archival Pad #0 Jet Black)
Thank you all so much for stopping by! I hope you are all inspired! 
Stay warm It's a snowy mess here!! 

6 comments:

Annie said...

This really is a cool "guy" box! Truly one he wouldn't be embarrassed to have out in the open. Great Tut!

Sandra Strait said...

Sooo cool!

Tera Callihan said...

Thank you Both!! :D

Julie S said...

Very cool! I love the man in the gas mask.

Michele said...

this is awesome! xo

Tera Callihan said...


thank you Julie and Michele!