Sunday, March 04, 2012

Retro Style Card – Will Trade Coffee For Gossip

Retro Card - "Will trade coffee for gossip."
The 1950's Kitchen in Joe Rotella's houseJune Cleaver is going to pop out of one of my kitchen cabinets some day, I'm sure of it. I live in a 1950's ranch with the original pink kitchen made by GE. Yup, the one you see at the start of the Tomorrow Land ride at Disney. That's fine with me though, because I love 1950's design.

I've collected Heywood Wakefield furniture and Russel Wright designs for 20 years. So when I saw the two woman drinking coffee (or tea) on Viva Las Vegastamps! plate 1364 I immediately thought of June Clever, pink, turquoise and retro wallpaper.

With those thoughts in mind, this was a quick card to create.

1. Round the corners and then use sepia ink to edge the turquoise, tan and background layers of the card.

2. Stamp the two woman drinking from plate 1364 on white paper and color with Copic markers. Fussy cut.
"Will trade coffee for gossip." from Viva Las Vegastamps #17603

3. Stamp the sentiment "Will trade coffee for gossip." on turquoise and punch with a scalloped oval punch. Add three small pearls.

4. Layer the mats and backgrounds on an A2 card using Miracle Tape. Adhere the sentiment. Adhere the two woman with pop-dots for dimension.
Plate #1364 from Viva Las Vegastamps
There are so many sentiments that would go perfectly with the image of the two woman drinking. How about "Hi! We were just talking about you..." or "We start our day with coffee, but we end it with booze."

What sentiment comes to mind when you see this image? I encourage you to share your ideas in a comment. Who knows, maybe one day it will become a stamp!


For more of my projects check out my blog on Create & Craft.
Happy Crafting!
Joe

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Love the card Joe! How about "What happens with friends, stays with friends"? Inside, Loved the day we spent out.

Hugs XX
Barbara

ellen_mangione said...

Love the card! So nice talking to you at Angela's store a couple weeks ago. Hope to see you more in Circleville.

Joe M said...

Cute card! I can think of lots of sayings that would work well on this card! :-)