Thursday, March 01, 2012

Is The Cat In The Bag???



This is a very special post, a card I made for a friend who is going through treatment for breast cancer.  She had many cats and loves them!  So I decided to make her this card to cheer her up.  The cat in the bag is inside the card.  VLVS has a great love for animals, especially dogs and cats.

VLVS Images:
Thank You Quote - 1113
Cat in Cat Door - 7988
Cat/Furniture Quote - 7926
Cat in the bag - 7923
Cat in bag Quote - 8012
Spotted Frame (on sale)
Cat's World  - 8077


This card is sort of a file folder, or if turned sideways, a recipe greeting card.  I found some polkadot patterned paper and cut a large label shape.  I adhered that to the card front.  Stamped, colored, and cut the cat in the door and quote about "warm-blooded furniture," and adhered them to the front of the card. 

The inside was done by stamping, coloring and cutting all pieces and layering/adhering them collage style.  Frame, cat, and lastly quotes.  Added a little glittery bird epoxy sticker as a little contrast touch.  "Cat's World quote," is part of a longer quote, I just wanted the 2 words so cut them from the quote after I stamped it.  The quote is mounted on lime green cardstock before mounting on the tab.

As I know first hand, cancer is a tough battle to overcome.  My heart goes out to my friend, she caught it early.  For all those battling challenges in their lives, I send healing thoughts.

Use your VLVS for sentimental, weird, friendship, steampunk, Whatever!  VLVS has it all!!!!

I will see you next month if my DT spot is renewed...keep your fingers crossed :-D






3 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

What a fantastic card! I'm sure it will cheer your friend up, if anything can!

Cindy said...

Wonderful card Lea! I'm sure your friend is going to love it!

Hugs XX
Barbara

Joe M said...

Cute, I may have to order these two cat stamps now! :-)