Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hello - a whimsical colored stamp

Hello everybody!! Our term is coming to a quick end here @ VLVS! and it sure has been fun!! Today I'm going to share my "tryout" piece in case I don't make it this go round -- because it was inspired my lovely teammates!!! They really do some fabulous work and I always catch myself saying "GOSH! I wanna try that"

So I did! I grabbed a not-my-typical type of whimsical stamp:

and stamped him on 


Kromecote cardstock which Wayne recently stocked in the store! it creates such a CRISP CLEAN image -- there's no messing this up, folks! I am IN LOVE with this paper! It has a shiny side and a matte side, so it has endless possibilities! For this application I used the matte side and stamped with  Memento tuxedo black ink

After stamping him I colored him with Prismacolor markers in Deco Blue, Cool Gray 60% and Yellowed orange. 

I then adhered some Basic Grey paper to a recycled kraft base with Miracle Tape, gave it a little distress ink.. and glued my man down! Add a bit of doodling with a white pen and VIOLA. A fun scene, simple yet graphic and fun card to send to a close friend! 


Thanks everybody!!! -DeeDee

8 comments:

Joe M said...

This is fabulous! I love the stamp and I love what your finished product even more! Very cool. I will be ordering this stamp too!

NinaN said...

I love this DeeDee! The doodling really makes it special!

by belle said...

I agree!! Love the doodling!! Great card DeeDee!!

Jean said...

Awesome!

Angi Rankin said...

Love it!

Stampo said...

This is one of my favorite stamps too! Great job, DeeDee!

Cheryl LIndsay said...

This is FANTASTIC!!!

Kim B said...

love it! that stamp is marvelous!