Sunday, February 12, 2012

You're no longer the man I met on the internet!


Hello again! Since Valentine’s Day is almost here, I thought I would make a fun card for all the people who are not looking forward to it. I am sure that most people can relate or know someone in the situation where their dream date turned out to be a dud in person, or not so great once you really got to know them. Anyway, because so many people are finding love on the internet by chatting on social networking websites like Facebook or sites like Match.com, I thought that this stamp was especially funny, and I just had to use it in a project this month!

Click here to see this stamp in the Viva Las Vegastamps! online store.

I made this card using a black A2 sized card. For the background, I chose a pattern that made me think of a comic book. I thought this pattern looked like the colored pixels you see when you look very closely at a picture in a magazine or newspaper. I colored my stamped image with Copic markers and then I assembled the card as you see in the photo. I put the matted stamped image on pop dots to be sure that it would stand out against the busy, but appropriate, background paper.

Be sure to keep coming back to the Viva Las Vegastamps! blog for more great ideas for their fun stamps. If you want to see my other Viva Las Vegastamps! projects, feel free to visit my blog at Create & Craft. Happy Valentine’s Day everyone. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Lyneen said...

Great Card!!!! and the background really does remind me of a comic!

Steph said...

LOL, awesome card. Love that background you've created too.

Jamie said...

Love EVERYTHING about this card Joe! I love the colors and your "LOL" humor that all your friends LOVE about you! :) Hmmm... looking at this card I'm wondering if you might have taken this from some of my past online relationship mistakes? LOL ;0)

David H said...

This is an awesome vday card Joe! Your humor keeps me coming back to see what else your mind has come up with!

Miki said...

Too funny! While it's true that so many people are forming their relationships via the internet these days, I met my husband the old-fashioned way--in a tavern! Great card, Joe!