Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Simple with wings

Hey everybody!! DeeDee here today!! I've been needing some super simple yet nice note cards to throw into the bags that people purchase at the craft show coming up! So this weekend I sat down and spritzed some paper with ink.. then stamped some of my favorite VLVS! images! 

One of my favorites was using this butterfly:


Butterfly Gossamer/Small 1 3/4 x 1 1/4




to make this beauty: 



It was really very easy.. I used Barn Door and Mustard Seed distress stain.. I smeared them on my non stick craft sheet and then spritzed them with water. I did my best to gather tons of ink to my paint brush.. and flung it at the cardstock! I dried my piece with a heat gun and then grabbed my butterfly stamp. I used Memento's Tuxedo Black to stamp the beauties in :) 

A nice handmade card will make my customers want to come back! 

do you like simple cards with little embellishing? I'm finding that this really makes the stamp the center of attention!

4 comments:

Tolegranny said...

I love the splatters. Great affects behind the butterflies.

Stampo said...

Great effect, DeeDee... back in the day, I used to buy white paper bags and stamp them all for the conventions when I did them...

Anonymous said...

So pretty

fab said...

I use large white envelopes and white lunch bags and stamp on those, usually with a rainbow ink pad. The bags are used for the cards I sell at our twice a year craft fair.