Wednesday, February 22, 2012

TH Inspired Tag using VLVS! Swirls

Hey Everybody!! DeeDee here!! Have you seen the 12 tags of 2012 TH is now doing?? 

well I wanted to participate.. but As a design team member for VLVS! it is our duty to promote as much VLVS! as possible, and it's QUITE easy when you love a company as much as I do VLVS! The images that Wayne and CO produce are just ... the best. so I took on TH's tag challenge.. but with a VLVS! twist.. 

First.. Pick a background! 

I chose a combination of three stamps:

Swirl 3/4 x 1 1/4 - $5.00


Then.. grab your tag and stamp them in WHITE ACRYLIC PAINT. I stamped them sort of haphazard all over.. and I wasn't careful about covering the entire stamp in paint either.. it sort of made this.. fun swirly collage with an almost foliage resemblance! 

Give the paint ample time to dry and then ink your tag. I used Spun Sugar Distress Stain.. and sponged some Festive Berries and Brushed Corduroy ink over it. spritz with water.. and wipe the ink off of the painted parts!! Background CHECK!

(here's a closeup of the background)

I then embellished with a 3D heart made from punched hearts that I folded in half and glued sides together. There's a bit of old pattern wrinkled up underneath the heart.. and I used some vintage lace and snug hug for my trim embellishes! 

The Cupid was hand cut, inked and crackled! What do you think?? Aren't the VLVS! Stamps just SUPERB! they do the same thing as tim's giant stamp, but only BETTER!! 


Let me know what you thiiiiiiiiink!! -DeeDee

10 comments:

Stampo said...

Yeah for DeeDee!

BEE said...

Love it...

KathyJo said...

Tim may be the god of tags, but you are definitely a goddess. Absolutely amazing!

by belle said...

D2, Another great project. You've made me a BIG fan of VLVS and your work!!

Lyneen said...

WOW love the background effect!

VicR said...

Ooh, I LOVE this tag, DeeDee!
Such a cool looking BG using the VLVS swirl stamps, and the resist technique.
BRAVO! You make Excellent ART :)

Joe Rotella said...

Wow! It looks GREAT!! You did an amazing job hand cutting the cupid too! I'm very impressed!

Sheri said...

great tag!

Sonia said...

Hello!
Beautiful swirl stamps! Lit!
Super fabby tag! Great JOB!
-Sony
http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Joe M said...

Gorgeous tag DeeDee! I love the way you colored everything!