Wednesday, May 27, 2020

It is wine o'clock

Hello everyone,

For today's project I have made an art journal spread using one of my favourite colour combinations. Lately I have been using lots of blues and greens so it was nice to get back to my pinks and oranges!


I think quite of few of us feel like it is wine o'clock in this weird time we are living in ! lol 

Here's how I made it.. 


First I tore two pages out of my journal, the one the final AJ is in, and cut it slightly smaller so I could glue it back into the book. I do this so the book doesn't get any thicker and fuller. I used a stencil and some modelling paste to get some texture and when this was dry I sprayed the pages with Distress Oxide Ink Sprays. The yellow wasn't bright enough form me so I added some Distress Oxide ink in a brighter yellow with a blending tool. (List of materials as well as the stamps I used is at the bottom of this post). After this was all dry I added some white paint over the top with a brayer. Of course it takes on the colour underneath and doesn't show up as white but simply lightens the colours. 


Next I stamped the background with a variety of stamps and ink colours. 


I then got carried away and forgot to take more photos but I didn't do an awful lot more to it. I just added the word currently and did some doodling around the edges. Then stamped the lady, coloured her with Copic Markers, cut her out and adhered her onto the right page. I then stamped the sentiment, changed it and added that to the left page. I doodled around the words, splattered some white ink around and added some shading under the lady. 



I have used the following stamps: 


Rest of materials:
Modeling paste, I used Grunge Paste by PaperArtsy
Stencil - Bubble by Tim Holtz

Distress Oxide Sprays: Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmelade
Distress Oxide Ink: Mustard Seed

White paint by Amsterdam

Archival Inks: Magenta Hue, Venetian Orange, Watering Can and Jet Black.

Thank you so much for stopping by today ! 




No comments: