Thursday, May 21, 2020

Banksy: Cast of Characters

Hey everybody,

Today's project was a little time-consuming as it took me a whole weekend but it's also one of those that left a blissful feeling after finishing it. It's a little zigzag album with a whole lot of Banksy stamps. While working through the project I found this "Cast of characters" sticker that worked great as a title.



A few hours before I started my project, I took a mini online class about abstract paintings where a large sheet was painted and cut into smaller pieces. This was a great inspiration and I tried that myself. I used a large sheet of watercolor paper and added chalk paint, soft pastels, a Stabilo All pencil and Posca markers in black and white. I cut 12 pieces with a size of 5 x 2,5 inch and glued them to a zigzag album with some masking tape.



Using different mediums and mixed media techniques I worked my way through the album and added more and more stamps, most of them Banksy images. To make the back of the album appear a little neater, I glued strips of design paper to it.

For my covers (one for the front, one for the back), I used the same paper. I glued it onto chipboard and altered it with some Starburst sprays and Wow! embossing powder. I added the powder onto wet gesso that I applied through a stencil. This way I got a pretty nice texture. I also added some stamping to both covers and the sticker I already mentioned earlier to the front and adhered them to the rest of the album.

Here are a few detail photos of the project:












Stamps used:
Banksy Wall Lady (20459)
Banksy Minnie Mouse Rat (20400)
Banksy Sign Beggar (20304)
Banksy Keep Your Coins (20294)
Banksy No Future (20065)
Banksy Trash Can Periscope Guy (20072)
Banksy By Order/Graffiti Area (20067)
Banksy You Have 0 Friends Kid (20077)
Banksy Marionette Girl (19971)
Love Is The Answer (19945)
Banksy Child Fishing In Paper Boat (19939)
Banksy Einstein Protester (19936)
Banksy Small (19597)
Banksy Girl Watering TV Antennae (19603)
Banksy Rat Walking Chain (19426)
Banksy Achieve Greatness (19395)
Banksy Greatness Spray Painter (19394)
Banksy Painter (19402)
I See Humans (19962)
Businessman Silhouette (19418)
Writing Triangles (19571)
Tape X (19572)
Stop Me Before I Paint (19964)


Other materials:
- Canson Aquarelle paper
- Design Paper
- Chalk paint
- Acrylic paint
- Soft pastels
- Posca Paint Pens
- Gesso
- Embossing powder (WOW! Black Magic)
- Lindy's Gang starburst sprays (Opal Sea Oats, Midnight Rendezvous Black, Screamin' Banshee Black)
- Versafine Ink Onyx Black
- Hero Arts White Pigment Ink
- Archival Ink Vermillion
- Stencils
- Washi Tape
- Craft wire
- Stickers
- Brads
- Sewing machine


Hope you got some inspiration from this project. It was a really intuitive process and I had so much fun making this album.

See you!

5 comments:

jean Carl said...

JUST TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!

Kitten House said...

I second the first comment. Bet Bansky would agree. Five stars. Worth the time and effort.

Holly M said...

I am totally blown away. Just, WOW. It's one of those pieces that the more you look at it, the more things you see that you didn't see before.

buntpapierfabrik.blogger.de said...

Phantastic!!

Tindaloo said...

amazing awesome project! ♥