Thursday, July 06, 2017

Find your Dream - Inspiration Art Tile by Cheetarah


Hi everyone, it's Cheetarah here today and I'd like to share with you an inspiration art tile on a 4x4 inch cardboard I made using some great Viva Las VegaStamps! images. These tiles are meant to be hung anywhere you pass daily, to remind/inspire you with a saying or image. I am planning on making more of these, but today I am showing you one and describe the technique. A full list of stamps and supplies are listed at the bottom of the post. 

So I started off with collaging some left over papers from previous projects with matte soft gel. Added some blue decoArts media paint and stamped the woman's face in so that it looks like she is peeking through the layers. I have used a doily tile stencil in the upper right corner and the lower left for some texture. Then covered the dried stencil first with a light coat of black gesso and then a light coat of Paper Artsy hint of mint. I took the postcard ATC stamp for some stamping in the background with Staz-On Midnight blue. The sprinkled some Lindy's magicals in Hi maintance magenta en time travel teal, activated it with water and let the colors work its magic!

The sentence was formed with VLVS! text stamps. These are so versitile and it's fun to create your own saying with them.  The large word dream I have cut out with my Making Memories Slice, and covered it with the same coating (black gesso and hint of mint) as I did the background only darker. Before I adhered the word to the tile, I rubbed some gold fluid acrylic paint (from DecoArtsMedia) with my finger over the texture so the word would stand out more. 

Also dry brushed with the tip of my fingers over the top textures part for more sparkle. The eye and lips are colored with Wink of Stella shimmer pens and I added some white spatters with a fluid acrylic and a fan brush. I lined the tile with a Krink waterproof marker and called it done. 

Stamps used:

Others:
Gel medium
Black Gesso
Paper Artsy Hint of Mint 
DecoArts Media fluid acrylics, blue gold and white
Doily tile stencil
wink of stella shimmer pens
staz on stamping ink
Lindy's magicals

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!



No comments: