Wednesday, December 11, 2013

'Tis the Season

I thought it would be fun since we are getting so close to Christmas to make a few Christmas ATC's using some stamps from the fabulous Plate 1411
 Isn't that gorgeous?? I also used alcohol inks for these ATC's and thought I would show you a few different ways to use them.  For this first ATC I used a piece of transparency and cut it the 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 size and then took 3 different colors of alcohol ink and dropped them straight from the bottle onto acetate.Then I dropped some drops of blending solution over the colors which caused them to blend, almost looking like stained glass.  You have to let it dry naturally as a heat gun will melt or distort the acetate.
Then I took a piece of patterned paper and cut it to match the size of the transparency and placed it behind it.

I like how the words come through faintly. Then I stamped the ornaments stamp onto the transparency using black Staz On ink and decorated with rhinestones and stickles.
 For the 2nd ATC I used Kromecoat cardstock and then dropped different colors of alcohol inks onto the cardstock and let dry. I wanted to make a bunch of circles so I didn't use any blending solution.
 and then I stamped the "Keep calm and open presents" stamp onto it and added some festive tinsel!
The last ATC I made I dabbed different colors of alcohol inks onto a piece of felt and then added some blending solution to the felt and dabbed all over the Kromecoate cardstock.  I also used some metallic alcohol ink as well.
 and then I stamped the Santa stamp on and used a white sharpie to color in his beard and fur trim, used stickles for the smoke and added a funny saying.
I hope you enjoyed seeing a few different ways that you can use alcohol inks as background as well as my Christrmas ATC's. Tis the season everyone!

7 comments:

Татьяна said...

great, loved it!

Unknown said...

Wonderful!

Unknown said...

Wonderful!

Sandra Strait said...

Fantastic!

Karen said...

Love this technique- great idea!

Tera Callihan said...

Lovely! #2 is my fave.!

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

These are all amazing Glenda! My fav is the one with the ornaments - the contrast in non-traditional colors... WOW!