Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Sentimental Adventure Tag

It's Amy today, to share a tag I made with a Victorian Steampunk theme. I came across this fun technique for creating a "faded" look, and gave it a whirl, and with some of my favorite Viva Las VegaStamps! I ended up with something pretty, unique, and (for me) thought provoking.

adventuretag, ALLassiter, FULL To make this tag, I started with a library card (card catalog style), and using my worn clockface stamp, I stamped vertically and horizontally, using black archival ink by Ranger.
When the stamping was complete, I added a vintage Victorian image of a woman, using Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft gel medium on both sides. 
 Next, before the gel dried, I gently rubbed my finger (dipped in water) over the edges of the paper, leaving the stamped image behind, and a worn look to the photo. 


















The result allows the shadow of the man behind the worn clockface, to appear over the woman's shoulder. 

















To add even more drama to the tag, I colored on the vintage tricycle   stamp using Faber-Castell big brush pens in black and cold gray, in a gradient,for a very transparent look and fussy cut the image after watercoloring; and finally applying it to the right top corner of the tag, using foam adhesive. I build around this using chipboard gears from UmWowStudio, a prima flower, various metal embellishments, and lace trim from Gauche Alchemy. 
chip, corner, adventuretag, ALLassiter Finally,to complete the tag, for the bottom left corner, I punched using a Fiskars notebook paper punch, for a bit of different texture and interest. I stamped the man from Plate 945  onto a separate card, using Archival Ink by Ranger, in Coffee. I fussy cut him out, and added him flush with the bottom of the tag, embellishing with trims, more chipboard gears, and a Prima flower. tophatman, adventure tag, ALLassiter I think it is fun to guess what is going on between all of the people on this tag. Who is the Victorian woman musing about, each of the men in her past lives (or current?) that enjoy top hats and steampunk wear? Are the men thinking of her? Ah, it's a sentimental adventure. Hehe.
~Amy

2 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Awesome tag!

by belle said...

I just love all of the details AMY!!!