Thursday, August 01, 2013

Discover Beauty

Need a jump start on our monthly challenge??? Get some beautiful inspiration from DT Member Karen Knight:


I've decided to go with a bit of Victorian Elegance..
I started off my stamping my background with the grunge 1787 writing background, I then machine stitched around the tag, and stamped the Ornate corner in the top left and bottom right corners and embossed them both with VLVS! Ultra High Gloss Embossing powder. I love how glossy it is!

I then stamped my main image  twice onto some matt cardstock and added colour using Distress Markers. I also stamped the small rose corner stamp several times to make a frame and once again used distress markers to add some colour.

I then stamped my banner added in a bit of colour using distress ink and added some words using Remnant Rubs. I also cut just the hair portion from my second elegant lady stamped image and layered it on top of the first image to give it a bit of dimension.  Then using foam squares I layered them onto my tag base. Last of all I added in a petaloo flower, Tim Holtz idea olgoy  embellishments and curio knob ,tucked in some tulle 
 added some cream lace to the bottom.



The stamps I've used are:
Grunge 1787 Writing Background 3 x 3 1/2
Rose Corner/Small 2 1/4 x 2 1/4
Ornate Corner (Left) 3 x 3
Short Banner 1 1/4 x 3
Thank you so much for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon..
until then..
Happy Stamping!!!

2 comments:

by belle said...

Beautiful!

Tera Callihan said...

What a beautiful Tag!!