Friday, November 26, 2021

Jaw-Humbug by Tracy Blackwolf

 Hello all !! 

Well its the start of the holidays for lots of people... Here is a snarky card for the occasion...Enjoy the humor!

A friend told me the sentiment and right away I knew what I wanted to do with it!!
First I started with two postcard size cards and used two color schemes - one for each card . I did the smooshing technique with oxide distress inks. One for the background/sky and one for the waves. 
For those that don't know what smooshing is, Put some ink on a glass surface- usually do at least two colors, spritz with water, then put your cardstock on the ink and dab until you like the result. let dry.
For the waves, I used a die cut and cut into pieces so the shark could look to coming out of the water.
I then took a craft knife and cut around all the upper teeth to create an opening for the kid to go in. After I fussy cut the kid, I put him in the mouth and taped him on the back. I then shaped the shark a bit with my hands, pushing out his nose and bending the sides a bit for a more 3D look. then put foam tape on the back.
I glued down the upper portion of the waves, then placed the shark and glued down the second layer of the waves over him.

For the final layer of waves, I put some very small pieces of foam tape in the center area and used glue for the rest and placed that down. Then I went to the computer and typed the sentiment. used foam tape for those, found a Santa hat sticker in my stash as well as some snowflake punches I've had on hand forever. Glue those on randomly and done!!
The card is very Dimensional. More so than you tell from the photo. I hope you enjoyed it~
until next time-

Stamps Used:
Boy catching snowflakes    20662
Shark Head Large   4018

Other Supplies used:
Disstress oxide inks: peacock feathers, twisted citron ,picked raspberry, salty ocean
Twinkling H2O's paints for the shark
Markers for the kid
Sizzex thinlet  die Mystical seascape




1 comment:

V. K. said...

How creative and a refreshing change from the traditional. Love it!