Monday, April 12, 2021

Positive Attitude - by Fran

 Hello everyone!

Well,  if you're like me, you are a bit fed up with lockdowns, bad weather and life in general at the moment, so it is very important to have a positive attitude!  So I made this cheeky postcard with a bit of advice.....



To start with I used a piece of card 4" x 6" then smooshed two Distress Inks (Wilted Violet and Candied Apple) with some water to make a background.


Whilst that was drying, I stamped the main image on some 160gsm paper (easier to cut out) and coloured it in


I stuck it on the card after stamping some background images to add interest, and I bleached the background where the sentiment was to go by dabbing water on the card and then dabbing the water off.  I then stamped the sentiment in Versafine Clair and embossed with clear embossing powder so it would stand out. 

 I coloured in some of the chevrons, and finished it off by blending Black Soot distress ink round the edge of the whole project


So, have a positive attitude and roll on Spring (it's snowing here at the moment!)


Stamps used: 

Lady drinking tea in box   SKU 20080

Row of Chevrons  SKU 19829

Row of scribble circles   SKU 20172

Row of Distressed Lines  SKU 20171

A Positive Attitude  SKU 6090

Other items:

Distress inks in Wilted Violet, Candied Apple and Black Soot

Black Memento Ink (for main image)

Black Versafine Clair Ink

Copic pens

Clear Embossing Powder

Black pen





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Fran
Great card!!😍