Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Greeting cards - Why fit in?

 Hello everyone,

I wouldn't say that I'm making cards often, but from time to time you just need a few greeting cards, right? So today is actually the first time I'm sharing a card design on the blog. 

My cards are standard A2 sized cards (4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch). I die cutted some pieces of watercolor paper to go on top of them.

The focal point I chose is the elephant on bike stamp which is quite large. It is also available in a smaller size that would perfectly fit onto an ATC. I'll link you both of them below, just in case you like the image as much as I do. ;-)
I stamped it on both my cards and colored it with some ZIG watercolor markers which was a really enjoyable process. 

Next I stamped the image on some masking paper, cut that out and masked my colored and dried images. Now I added some background stamping with circles on the one card and squares on the other. I used Oxide ink (speckled egg) for this.

I also stamped the quote on some watercolor paper, trimmed it and inked the edges. But I didn't like it a lot, it was just looking lost. So I cut two rectangles that were a little larger than my quote and inked it up with some of the same Oxide ink I used for my background stamping.


I glued everything together and voilà!


Stamps used:
Elephant On Bike (2027)
not used, just a smaller version of the elephant: Teeny Tiny On Bike (9636)
Overlapping Squares by Corrie Herriman (19996)
Overlapping Circles by Corrie Herriman (19995)
Why Fit In (20082)


Other material:
- card bases (regular 300 gsm cardstock cut and folded)
- Canson watercolor paper 300 gsm
- MFT die (Stitched mod rectangle stax)
- masking paper
- Versaclair ink (nocturne)
- Distress oxide ink (speckled Egg)
- ZIG real brush watercolor pens


Hope you enjoyed my cards. See you soon!


 

No comments: